We’re recruiting an experienced Senior Analyst to lead the team responsible for the co-ordination and management of performance information across the Council.
We analyse performance data and provide expert advice and high-quality information to senior managers so they can gain insight and make better evidence-based decisions.
You’ll mainly work with colleagues from our Adult Services, and Children and Families Services teams but may support other teams as needed.
You’ll be pivotal in helping to embed PowerBI into our corporate reporting practices, you’ll give clear guidance to senior colleagues, and you’ll be able to step up to deputise for the Performance and Intelligence Manager.
This role is designed for a home worker, with the requirement to come into the office once a week. We provide a range of IT products that allow you to work from home effectively.
The job role explains more, and for an informal discussion please contact Adeyinka Okude on email@example.com
- Support council teams as they work to improve performance and outcomes that benefit local people.
- Manage the Performance team to become a ‘centre of excellence’ and help them develop policies and procedures that help to deliver the council’s strategic aims and objectives.
- Ensure the team produces accessible, well-presented reports that identify significant trends, variations from agreed targets, and other relevant benchmarks.
- Co-ordinate and support the development of corporate systems and strategies for the council’s performance management.
- Deliver value for money analysis; collating and analysing complex data from a number of sources.
- Research, implement and manage the most effective methods of data collection, storage, and analysis, considering the impact of new technologies and bearing in mind the uses to which data will finally be put.
- Represent the council on regional and national performance groups and ensure that learning from these meetings is implemented locally.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in statistics or information management.
- Evidence of up-to-date knowledge of relevant professional developments and ability and willingness to continue professional development in the field.
- Familiar with the work of local government, our stakeholders and the communities we serve.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually and to apply such thinking to practical outcomes.
- Experience of working with Framework or Liquidlogic databases and proficiency in some of such analytical tools as SQL, PowerBI, SSRS or other SQL reporting tools.
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or equivalent training will be an advantage.
- Experience of the co-ordination and delivery of Adult Social Care and / or Children’s Social Care Statutory Returns.
- Demonstrable success in influencing and persuading stakeholders and partners and encouraging participation.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate to different audiences clearly and effectively.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.