The Home 1st Reablement Service delivers short term support to adults whilst they recover from a period in hospital or episode of ill health. This includes providing support with washing and dressing, medication and meals. The team is currently going through a restructure which will include additional training and support to ensure our colleagues are skilled in supporting people to regain lost skills and confidence.
You will be working alongside Occupational Therapists and other health professionals to ensure reablement plans are followed and you will see how our support improves lives and promotes independence.
Candidates must be able to work 4 hour shifts in the morning, between 07:00-11:00, up to 5 days a week over a 7 day rota. This incudes working weekends and bank holidays.
- To deliver reablement support to adults whilst they recover from a period in hospital or episode of ill health. This includes providing support with washing and dressing, medication and meals.
- To record information using IT systems as well as giving verbal and written handovers and feedback to colleagues, families and other professionals.
- To complete all mandatory and additional training identified as required, this will include safeguarding vulnerable adults, moving and handling and supporting with medication.
- To provide support in line with individual care plans, reporting changes in a person’s needs, and following instruction from Co-ordinators and Occupational Therapists.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who is kind and wants to make a difference to the lives of others.
- Observant and will identify risks and changes in a person that need to be reported.
- Can communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Is flexible and has a positive approach.
- Is able to drive and has access to a vehicle to use for work
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.