The Community Occupational Therapy Team is embarking on an exciting transformation and is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to support with developing the service.
The team supports adults with long term needs to maintain their independence through the provision of information and advice, equipment and minor and major adaptations, eg., ramps, grabrails and stairlifts.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual who has experience of working with adults with disabilities or older adults to work with the support of our qualified Occupational Therapists.
- To provide information and advice as well as demonstrate and fit pieces of equipment in peoples' own homes and in equipment clinics.
- To work with other health, social care and housing professionals.
- To ensure all actions are recorded accurately.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have experience of working with adults in a health or social care setting.
- Will be confident in using IT systems.
- Will be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Will be able to work independently and have access to a vehicle to use for work.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.