The Young Peoples Drug and Alcohol (YPDA) service deliver a high quality and caring service for young people aged 18 and under (up to 25 with additional needs). We are passionate about the service we offer, and are always looking for innovative and creative ways to develop and deliver interventions.
We work with young people who are affected by their own or someone else`s substance use, or would just like to gain more knowledge, whether they use substances or not. Our aim is to support young people in making more informed choices, and enable them to develop skills and strategies so that they can flourish and lead healthy, happy and safe lives.
This role will be working specifically with Youth Offending Team Early Support Project. YPDA service works under the umbrella of the Youth Offending Service (YOS) and this role will be an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with the Youth Offending team Missing and Exploitation team and MK Youth. In sharing knowledge and skills YOS staff are able to provide the most effective support options for young people who may present with often challenging and complex needs.
- Completing assessments, risk assessments, devising careplans, and reviewing and updating these as required for all young people accessing support.
- Managing a case load of young people engaging with the Early Support Project
- Ensuring all work and interactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Carrying out one to one work with young people in a variety of settings including, schools, children`s centres and family homes
- Attending multiagency meetings and supporting colleagues by providing advice and information regarding substances and substance use when required
- Delivering interventions relating to criminal and sexual exploitation, county drug lines, gang membership, grooming and ability in identifying risk and risky situations
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working with substance use
- Awareness of criminal and sexual exploitation and associated risks.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.