Milton Keynes Educational Psychology Service are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Educational Psychologist to join our existing leadership team.
We welcome applications from candidates who are keen to take a lead on service developments and project work, as well as contribute towards LA-wide systemic work. There have been exciting developments in the service, including a recent move towards more integrated working with wider SEND Team colleagues, increased delivery of training and project work, and the introduction of a Milton Keynes-wide psychological consultation service for schools.
This allows for a renewed focus on early intervention and preventative working. We are committed to ensuring that psychology is accessible for schools and settings, families, and children and young people across Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes Educational Psychology Service is a skilled team where diverse psychological approaches and interests are valued. We are supported by current technology; invest in CPD opportunities, and who prioritise quality professional supervision. We use a clear allocation system for statutory work which allows EPs to manage their workload and retain work-life balance.
Please contact Dr Suzanne Bailey-Knight (Principal Educational Psychologist), or Loretta Cicognani (Senior Leadership Educational Psychologist) for an informal chat about the role on 07920 147126 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To support the Principal Educational Psychologist in their role, contributing to decision making, service planning and strategy.
- To undertake line management of Educational psychologists, Psychology Assistants and/or Trainee Educational Psychologists, including monitoring and reviewing performance.
- To promote and facilitate partnership working, early intervention and integrated local solutions, applying psychology to enhance the learning and development of children and young people.
- To provide psychological advice to staff within Children’s Services and other agencies, including working closely with colleagues in other SEND teams.
- To provide a high-quality psychological service to children and families, schools and other partners.
- To contribute to delivering positive outcomes for children and young people through creative application of psychology. This includes casework, consultation, projects and wider service initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A doctorate or post-graduate qualification in educational psychology recognised by the British Psychological Society.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist.
- A high level of professional knowledge and competence as an Educational Psychologist, including at least 4 years’ experience in the application of psychological knowledge and skills, and commitment to own development.
- We are seeking applicants who are flexible and self-motivated; who are able to work collaboratively with a range of agencies and settings, and who are able to take a lead role in future team developments.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.