We’re looking for an exceptional Senior EHC (Education, Health and Care) Specialist Teacher to join our solution focused Special Educational Needs and Disabilities team.
You will be part of the EHC Specialist Teaching Team, leading the day-to-day management of the team and supporting children with a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities.
This dynamic and experienced team works with schools, delivering educational packages directly to children and young people and a wide range of agencies.
You’ll be an expert in working with children and young people with SEND and be able to evidence this.
You’ll ideally have the National SENCo qualification or evidence of working as part of a leadership team making strategic decisions and managing a successful team.
For further information on the job role please contact our SEND Support Line on 01908 657825 or email: SEND Support SENDSupport@milton-keynes.gov.uk
- Contribute towards statuary processes and requirements of the Milton Keynes LA as a part of the wider SEND Team responsibilities, under the direction of SEND Team Managers.
- To work alongside the EHC Service Review Leader and the placement and review practice leaders in taking responsibility for the team’s delivery of direct teaching work ensuring that it is evidence based and support the team in analysing data to ensure all pupils are making progress.
- Provide supervision to both Specialist Teachers and Senior Practitioners in the EHC Specialist Teaching Team.
- To lead direct outreach work sessions, modelling best teaching and intervention with children with complex needs and behaviours that challenge.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be a natural leader with a desire and want to make a difference to our children and young people with SEND.
- You will be flexible and resilient working in sometimes challenging situations.
- You must hold a full driving license and have access to a car, with business insurance as there is sometimes a requirement to support the transition of children and young people to sessions within the community.
- As a member of the team, you must be a team player and work as part of the wider SEND team supporting where necessary and show skills in moving the service forward to ensure our children, young people and families feel supported and valued, whilst ensuring they have an appropriate education.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.