Following the introduction of a fourth team, Children's Services Business Support have an exciting opportunity to join their Business Support Hub, assisting social work teams and managers.
You will work as part of a small team in conjunction with the wider business support service to deliver professional and effective support, enabling Social Work professionals to focus on the needs of children and families.
This role is supporting the Family Support service, which can be a very fast-paced environment. While you work as part of a team, you will also need to work effectively on your own. This role is site-based with some flexibility for limited home working in-line with the needs of the service. A requirement of this role will be to have an enhanced DBS completed.
- To provide an effective and efficient business support service to social work teams and managers.
- To assist in the planning and managing of diaries, organising statutory child in need meetings, preparing meeting rooms, and distributing minutes and outcomes within timescales.
- To ensure that reports are prepared in timescales and taking responsibility for ensuring any business-related actions/issues are fed back and followed up appropriately.
- Accurate inputting of information to the Council’s various databases/spreadsheets across Children’s Services in accordance with regulations.
- To work flexibly across Children’s Services ensuring that business support colleagues, temporary staff and apprentices are adequately trained to support the Children’s Services teams.
- Supporting the induction of new staff and to provide a level of 1:1 monitoring, supporting colleagues welfare and work activities, and escalating any issues to the Children’s Services Business Managers.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent or able to demonstrate significant administrative experience.
- You will ideally have experience working in a health or social care environment and have significant experience of taking minutes in complex or sensitive meetings.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly proficient IT skills working with MS Office and the ability to quickly and confidently learn and utilise a variety of bespoke systems.
- Ability to lead change and work with others to facilitate changes. Able to conduct research and assemble information.
- Ability to prioritise workload against agreed plans, deadlines and targets whilst under pressure.
- Strong emotional resilience when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.