Our Housing Maintenance and Investment Team are looking for two Housing Works Supervisors to help look after our 11,000+ council homes across Milton Keynes.
You’ll work with our maintenance contractor and other Milton Keynes City Council teams to ensure our homes are safe and maintained to our standards and specification.
You’ll have housing experience and ideally a professionally accredited qualification related to housing, maintenance work, construction or health and safety.
This is an out and about role where you will need to manage your own time efficiently, put information together at pace and get decisions or changes actioned.
- You will spend time out and about visiting our properties and working alongside our repairs contractor and Housing Officers to check how works are progressing and to follow up on any issues.
- You’ll work to ensure issues are solved to keep our homes safe and to standard.
- You’ll make sure our property and tenancy records are kept up to date and accurate.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll enjoy organising your time, working with tenants and contractors and can capably record updates and escalate things when needed.
- It is essential that you have housing experience and some professionally accredited qualification related to housing, maintenance work, construction and/or health and safety.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.