Milton Keynes Fostering Team are looking for a Fostering Operations Manager to join our successful, dynamic and experienced Fostering Team. As Operations manager you will be supported by two Deputy Team Managers to manage a team of qualified social workers, social worker assistants, a recruitment and a finance officer.
Fostering Team is part of Corporate Parenting Service, offering support across children's service to all Teams for children who are in care. As Operations Manager you will have overall responsibility for recruitment, assessment and support of mainstream and kinship foster carers, private fostering and supporting Special Guardians post the Order.
It's an exciting time in fostering, as we have been reviewing and developing our service to improve our offer to all carers, encouraging new carers to join us, expanding and improving training and support to carers, reviewing finances and have an active marketing strategy to encourage new carers to join us.
If you are a qualified social worker with experience in fostering, and you have a flare for management, are organised, dynamic, a great communicator and creative then we want to hear from you. So come and make a difference to children in care and join our fostering community.
Due to our commitment to Safer Recruitment, the candidate will be subject to local safeguarding checks.
- To effectively manage and lead Fostering Service to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- To ensure children are safe, well cared for, and we give due regard to their needs, wishes and views in developing the service to improve outcomes for all children and young people.
- To effectively lead, manage and develop the team to evidence effective performance, compliance and high quality service to all foster carers and professionals.
- To be part of a successful management team and contribute to the effective development of the wider service.
The Ideal Candidate
- You must have a Social Work qualification with experience in fostering and/or management.
- If you are energised, ambitious, dynamic, an effective communicator who can demonstrate passion, resilience and creative thinking in fostering then we would like to hear from you.
- To possess good written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills with ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks within variable time frames.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.