Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of the management team within the Adult Social Care Service for Milton Keynes City Council? We are currently recruiting a Deputy Team Manager to work across the Access and Older Person Review Team.
You will work as part of a small management team and be involved in supporting staff queries regarding incoming referrals, allocation of work, performance monitoring and providing direct supervision of qualified social workers, social work assistants, customer liaison officers and occupational therapy assistants. As a Deputy Team Manager, you will be integral to the development of the team in meeting the changing demands of the service and will be key in implementing processes that improve client’s outcomes and independence.
The successful applicant will be required to have a social work degree qualification or equivalent and will need to be able to drive (or have a driver) and have access to a motor vehicle.
We are open to considering applications from qualified social workers with strong social work experience, that are seeking to step into management. Peer support and mentorship will be provided. For further information and an informal chat about the above opportunities please contact Sandra Marques Ferreira on 01908253498 or 07795 477 837.
- Supporting staff queries regarding incoming referrals.
- Allocation and sign off of work.
- Performance monitoring.
- Providing direct supervision of qualified social workers, social work assistants, customer liaison officers and occupational therapy assistants.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England and holds relevant experience within field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Will need to be able to drive (or have a driver) and have access to a motor vehicle.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.