This job is located in the CMET team that act as a consultancy service around missing, exploited and trafficked children within Milton Keynes Children Social Care. The team sits under the wider Youth Offending Service and works closely with Children's Social Care, the Youth Offending Service, the police and other agencies to work with young people who are missing, at risk of, or being exploited and trafficked. The team is expanding and have a new opportunity for a candidate to work with young people who are at greatest risk of criminal exploitation in a person centred and holistic manner.
The candidate will require a DBS check and hold a current drivers licence.
- Post holder will engage young people in interventions around addressing criminal exploitation.
- Support young people as victims of criminal exploitation.
- Work in a multi--agency way to deliver support and address risk and safety concerns.
- Work with families and carers of young people who are criminally exploited to develop their own skills and support the safety of the young people.
- To support CMET (Children Missing Exploited or Trafficked) to develop their work around educating and upskilling professionals both in and outside of the Local Authority around criminal exploitation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Combination of 2 years’ experience with at risk young people in relation to criminal exploitation and a professional qualification in effective practice certificate in youth justice/, a social worker qualification/, to be a police officer for a minimum for two years, or a compilation of certifications around criminal exploitation and trauma informed practice that will provide the necessary expertise.
- Relevant experience in Children’s Social Care/ social services/ working with vulnerable young people or an equivalent area that that will ensure they understand the work within the Missing and Exploitation Hub as well as across the Youth Offending Service.
- Ability to work independently following correct procedures, meeting deadlines and managing hectic workload with competing demands.
- A passion for working with young people who are at risk of or involved in criminal exploitation.
Ability to work independently following correct procedures and meeting deadlines.
Able in consultation with senior staff and / or managers, to make considered decisions analyse and evaluate information in high-risk cases.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.