Children's Services Business Support have an exciting opportunity to join their Business Support Hub, assisting within the Education Traded Services team.
You will work as part of a small team in conjunction with the wider business support hub to deliver professional and effective administrative support, enabling educational support to schools and academies across the city.
This role is supporting the new Traded Services offered to education establishments within Milton Keynes. This means you will face a variety of new procedures as we deliver a revised service. It can be fasted paced, working to support the packages we offer to schools via School Improvement and Governor services.
This role is home based with one day working from the office. You must be able to work as part of a team yet work effectively on your own.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th December. Please provide a personal statement along with your application.
To support MKCC Schools Traded Services ensuring up to date information is shared across the teams using frontline software.
To create and maintain traded offers for the service, to ensure the annual live brochure is up to date and maintained.
Process and monitor orders for School Improvement and Governor Services teams by raising purchase orders and processing invoices.
Work within the Business Support Hub to ensure our statutory services are supported using Office 365 packages and bespoke systems.
Manage and respond to all relevant communications.
The Ideal Candidate
NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or is able to demonstrate administrative experience.
Ability to work and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Experience of using a wide range of IT applications.
Ability to be able to prioritise workload and manage pressure points of workflow throughout various times of the academic year.
Someone who is flexible and willing to support colleagues throughout the Business Support Hub.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.