Children's Services Business Support have an exciting opportunity to join their business support hub, assisting social work teams and managers.
You will work as part of a small team in conjunction with the wider business support service to deliver professional and effective support, enabling Social Work professionals to focus on the needs of our children and families.
This role is supporting the Safeguarding Team and LADO service. This means you will face a variety of challenges and no two days will be the same. It can be a very fast-paced environment and while you work as part of a team, you will also need to work effectively on your own.
This role is site-based with some flexibility for limited home working in-line with the needs of the service. A requirement of this role will be to have an enhanced DBS completed.
- To provide an effective and efficient business support service to social work teams and managers.
- Prepare and support Child Protection Conferences. This includes meeting attendees including family members, preparing meeting rooms and distributing minutes and outcomes within timescales.
- Take minutes of review conferences.
- Accurate inputting of information to the Council’s various databases/spreadsheets across Children’s Services in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure that purchase orders, sales invoices and payments to are processed using the Council’s electronic finance systems.
- Manage and respond to communication from professionals and families.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or is able to demonstrate significant administrative experience.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong emotional resilience when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Experience of using a wide range of IT applications.
- Ability to be able to prioritise workload against agreed plans, deadlines and targets whilst under pressure.
- Experience of taking minutes in complex or sensitive meetings.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.