We’re looking for a motivated and experienced tutor to lead on Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner and Level 1 Childcare qualifications
You’ll be committed to enhancing the lives of our learners and motivating them to achieve their full potential.
You will need to be qualified in your area of expertise to at least Level 3 and either have a teaching qualification or be working towards one.
You’ll be responsible for teaching a range of courses from Entry 3 to Level 3, including occupation competency to deliver Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
You will plan and deliver courses in the health, social and childcare sector, so vocational experience in this area is essential. Other general curriculum responsibilities will include assessment, tracking student achievement and some administration for the courses.
You will be required to work up to three days per week from 9:30 – 15:00.
In return, you will become part of a supportive team, with career personal development opportunities and a competitive salary of £24.99 to £27.26 per hour
- Plan and deliver an effective employability skills curriculum to diverse groups in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Maintain accurate records to meet funding and quality requirements.
- Work to comply, promote and contribute to all practices and policies including Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Prevent, Online Safety and Equality and Diversity.
- Commit to adhering to the Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training including the principles and practices of Continuous Professional Development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent significant FE/Adult teaching experience in Early Years and/or Employability Skills.
- Hold a recognised assessment qualification such as “Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment” or similar, or willing to work towards.
- Be occupationally competent or technically knowledgeable in the Early Years sector.
- A recognised teaching qualification or working towards a recognised teaching qualification at level 3 or above.
- Participates in regular continuous professional development (CPD) with an up-to-date CPD log, maintaining up to date knowledge of the subject area and educational research to develop evidenced based practice.
- Ability to use IT e.g., emails, internet research for educational materials, MS packages, and online learning environments.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.