We’re seeking friendly and helpful Social Workers to join either our Hospital Discharge Team or Older People’s Assessment Team. In return, we offer a £3,000 - £4,000 market supplement (pro rata) dependant on experience and a Golden Hello payment of £2,000 - £6,000 (pro rata) for those new or returning to care and dependant on experience.
Hospital Discharge Team
This team supports local residents to recover and improve in their own homes or short-term settings so that they can avoid long stays in hospital where their health and wellbeing could deteriorate. We make use of the short-term services we have available to aid discharge, with a focus on rehabilitation, reablement and recuperation.
You’ll enjoy working in collaboration with a wide range of health and social care professionals to improve outcomes for people and maximise their independence.
Older People’s Assessment Team
This is a community-based team who support people typically 65 or older who have physical or cognition health needs including dementia (regardless of age) to live rich and fulfilled lives.
The team manages enquires and interventions. We set up and review care and support needs, investigate safeguarding concerns, make Mental Capacity Assessments and help people with housing access.
You’ll assess people to ensure care and support plans are put in place in a timely manner that builds on the person’s own strengths and assets. You’ll be driven, compassionate and a forward-thinking social worker.
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career.
- Carrying out strengths-based and person-centred assessments as outlined under the Care Act 2014 for individuals and their carers.
- Applying legislation relevant to role including Care Act 2014, and Mental Capacity Act 2005 etc.
- Working together with professionals across health and social care to meet individual’s needs.
- Manage a case load with support from line manager.
- Manage competing demands to maintain flow through the discharge services.
- Complete safeguarding enquiries, mental capacity assessments and best interest’s decisions with guidance from line manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in Social Work or equivalent).
- Registered with Social Work England.
- Understanding of safeguarding adults and is working towards or has the safeguarding enquiry.
- Able to drive (or be driven) and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and demonstrate sound risk analysis.
- Can work as part of a team and with other professionals and agencies.
- You’ll be flexible and want to develop as a professional and empower others.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.