Secondment/fixed term opportunity – Social Work Assistant for the Older Person Review Team
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organised Social Worker Assistant with an experience in social care to join our Older Person Review Team for a 1-year secondment opportunity.
The successful candidate will be completing Care Act assessments, Carers Assessments, Mental Capacity Assessments and Continuing Health Care checklists.
As part of the Older Person Review Team, you will primarily be completing scheduled 4 week and annual reviews of care and support plans and carry out reassessments if the care and support is not meeting the client’s needs. You will need to be able to assess services users needs and potential risks and offer social care support and signpost to relevant services in the community to meet their needs. The role will involve working with a wide range of professionals.
For further information and an informal chat about the above opportunities please contact Sandra Marques Ferreira on 01908253498.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
• Assess the needs of adults and determine if they meet the Milton Keynes eligibility criteria for receiving social care
• Balance the varying demands of a complex social caseload, maintain accurate individual case records and ensure that all required reports are completed
• Ensure that any interventions or services support the service user in way that enhances their independence, choice and wellbeing
• Work in partnership with other statutory agencies as well as the private and voluntary sector, carers and advocacy groups
• When required, complete visits to clients in own home to complete assessments
• Signposting to relevant organisations for support and advice.
The Ideal Candidate
Have experience working in a social/health care setting
• Excellent understanding adult social care legislation and guidance framing their work
• The ability to form positive relationships with service users and carers and other professionals
• Able to undertake a range of statutory assessments and formulate support plans
• Able to prioritise work effectively based on need and risk
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Be able to make decisions and demonstrate management of risk
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be a car driver and have access to a car.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.