Our Commissioning team are seeking a Service Manager to support our Head of Commissioning in delivering high level and complex programmes across adult and children’s health and social care services.
You’ll support partners to ensure commissioned services meet current and future health needs of the local population.
This role is business critical to the achievement of local and national targets, strategic objectives and the delivery of statutory requirements for both Milton Keynes City Council and BLMK (Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Health and Care Partnership).
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career. Colleagues may be site-based or home-based, depending on the needs of the role and their own preference
Please contact Hannah Soetendal for an informal discussion about the role email@example.com
- Work with statutory and non-statutory providers including local authority, primary care, carers and users, voluntary and independent sector.
- Close working will also be undertaken across corporate departments both with the City Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group.
- The role will have delegated spending authority and will be responsible for monitoring the commissioning budget and raising any concerns with the Head of Commissioning.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure the transformation of social care is a key aspect of commissioning.
- Develop networks across the health, social care and wellbeing economy at both a local and regional level.
- Lead on the stimulation and development of provider markets.
- Deputise on behalf of the Head of Commissioning as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate significant experience in the management of multiple programmes, as well as leadership qualities and the ability to influence a wide variety of system stakeholders.
- A comprehensive understanding of commissioning across health and care and have experience of managing complex programmes of work that can deliver service improvement to challenging deadlines.
- The post requires a collaborative style of working with a wide range of stakeholders across Milton Keynes, including voluntary, community sector, education and social care systems.
- You’ll provide effective and visible support to the managerial leadership to the MKCC commissioning programme.
- Full UK Driving Licence is required. If you are successful, you will be required to supply evidence of your licence prior to starting the role.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.