The Quality and Compliance Officer (QCO) is responsible for undertaking quality assurance reviews of services commissioned by MKCC/NHS ICB to make sure the needs of people are met in an efficient manner that offers value for money.
The post holder will be responsible for the contract monitoring and quality assurance of the Home Care (Domiciliary Care) providers. Where necessary make recommendations and manage corrective action and service improvements. Part of the role will be to support the Quality and Compliance Team Officers (Adult Social Care) as required.
The post holder will have experience in performance management of contracts across Adult Social Care or Health. The post is a fixed term contract for 6 months (with the possibility of extending for a further 6 months/one year).
The post holder will need to live within a reasonable distance of Milton Keynes due to the nature of the role.
The role requires the post holder to liaise with a number of stakeholders to monitor and manage the relevant contracts, including:
- Milton Keynes City Council internal teams.
- Voluntary and Independent sector providers.
- Service users and patient representatives.
- Relevant national and regulatory bodies (QC).
- Health organisations.
- Public Health.
- National Health Service.
- Other local authorities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Level 3 qualification (A Level / NVQ Level 3) and/or Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Health or Social Care environment including Health / Social Care or Supported Housing inclusive of Quality Assurance, Contract Compliance and Performance Management.
- Has knowledge and working experience of CQC legislation/regulations
- Ability to prepare clear well organised reports, identifying problems and solutions and recommending actions which involve managing risk.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work within clear deadlines but being responsive to service needs as and when required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to remain calm and impartial under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and to understand when consultation with managers is necessary.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.