We’re looking for a Night Care Assistant to join our friendly team at Kilkenny House in Westcroft.
Kilkenny House is sheltered housing scheme of 40 flats where we provide 24-hour care for our tenants, who are typically frail and have specific care needs, so they can live independently with our support.
This is a rewarding and varied role where you’ll be making a positive difference to people’s lives.
You’ll be caring and compassionate, a good communicator and can think on your feet.
We’re proud of the service we provide at Kilkenny House and support everyone in our team to do a brilliant job. We offer excellent training, opportunity for progression, a varied benefits package and competitive pay including additional payments for non-standard working patterns.
- To assist with personal care delivered in accordance with the agreed care plan.
- Ensure clear, concise and accurate records are kept of each visit.
- Medication administering.
- Always being aware of health and safety and following the risk assessment to ensure tenants and carers safety and report any concerns to manager, team leaders and night seniors.
- To focus on enabling individuals to maintain or regain skills where appropriate and in partnership with other agencies.
- Encouraging social interaction.
- End of life care.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who is flexible.
- Supportive towards team members and tenants.
- Be able to work in partnership with others.
- Someone who has a can-do attitude and is caring and compassionate towards others.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Someone who can commit to undertake mandatory training and is willing to learn new skills.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and social care (or willing to work towards).
- Recent experience in working in care for elderly.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.