The Council is the largest Social Housing landlord in Milton Keynes. We have over 12,000 properties spread across a tight geographical area, due to the areas unique history and geography, we have a wide range of different types of homes, communities, neighbourhoods and estates ranging from the brutalist architecture of the 1960’s through to terraces built in the age of the Victorians.
Our property portfolio is just as diverse as is our tenant population, and we manage properties which house tenants from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, needs, opinions and service requirements.
- Responding to and managing the challenges that come with managing all sides of Social Housing at scale.
- Managing team elements inclusive of a mix of Anti-Social Behaviour, Estate Services, Tenant Engagement and Housing Officers.
- Provide specialist advice to develop and build strong and productive relationships with colleagues and partner agencies.
- Working for the betterment of our tenants, ensuring the teams managed are high performing and delivering the modern services that tenants need.
- Managing and addressing complex multi-faceted tenancy problems and complaints and bringing these to resolution independently while maximising opportunities to learn when things go wrong and increase positive outcomes for residents.
- Understanding the importance of customer data, insight and creativity in delivering a forward-thinking service.
The Ideal Candidate
- A dynamic and creative leader who can bring fresh ideas to the world of Social Housing.
- An excellent people manager, with an eye for detail and a willingness to challenge the status quo where required.
- A true advocate for those who live in Social Housing and truly committed to having meaningful tenant involvement.
- Seeing our services through the eyes of our tenants, thinking about different, innovative and better ways to deliver our core services.
- The ability to evidence detailed and demonstrable understanding of the legislative frameworks and statutory requirements relating to modern Housing Management.
- A passionate team player, able to communicate across different services and the skills to bring people together to form consensus and new ways forward.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing people to deliver effective tenancy and estate management with high quality customer-focused outcomes where health and safety is prioritised.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.