This role is located in the Contextual Safeguarding team that act as a consultancy and case holding service around Contextual Safeguarding concerns for young people in Milton Keynes.
The team sits under the wider Youth Offending Service and works closely with Children's and Adult's Social Care, the Youth Offending Service, the police and other agencies to work with young people and young adults who are at risk of offending behaviour in relation to knife crime, knife carrying and serious youth violence and are at risk of exploited or being exploited.
The team is expanding and this is an exciting new opportunity for the candidates to work with professionals and agencies to support young people and families that need specialised, additional support.
The Co-ordinator will maintain operational oversight of children and young people that are identified as a member of the cohort of the partnership Focused Deterrent programme. We are advertising TWO roles in this team relating to two separate identified cohorts around the focused deterrence model. Cohort one relates to children between the ages of 12 and 18. Cohort two relates to adults aged between 18 and 24.
The candidate will require a DBS check and hold a current drivers licence.
As part of our commitment to safer recruitment the successful candidate will require a DBS check, local safeguarding checks and hold a current drivers licence.
Shortlisting for this role will be completed on the 25/11/2022 and invitations for interview will be sent on the 28/11/2022.
Interviews will be held on the 30/11/2022 and the 1/12/2022.
- Ensure that children, young people and adults (depending on role) are appropriately supported and engaged by multi-agency partners.
- Oversight of children and young people that are identified as a member of the cohort of the partnership Focused Deterrent programme.
- Monitoring of information and intelligence through and from all relevant agencies.
- Providing oversight, the Co-ordinators will develop professional relationships with Children Social Care, Thames Valley Police, Health, Education, Probation, Adult Social Care, Housing and other partner agencies and voluntary agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has ability to evaluate and interpret complex information and be proactive in sharing and collating information for professionals in various formats.
- Has experience in data analysis or research and can interpret complex information that can inform and influence change of processes and plans.
- Has experience of working with young people and/or adults who are at risk of violence, exploitation or offending behaviour.
- Has strong administration and organisational skills. The candidate must be able to consistently deliver high quality work against tight timescales and conflicting priorities.
- Extensive experience working in a team setting and with working with partners including police, agencies, the voluntary and community sector.
- Enjoys being pro-active, flexible, thinking creatively and problem solving,
- Wants to make a difference and support the reduction of offending behaviour in children and young people.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.