We are a dedicated and enthusiastic Adult Learning team, working with the people of Milton Keynes. We are looking for motivated, passionate and experienced tutors of English and/or ESOL, Maths, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities. You must be committed to enhancing the lives of our learners and making a difference. All tutors need to be qualified in their area of expertise to at least level 3 and either have a teaching qualification or be working towards one.
In return, you will become part of a very supportive team, with CPD opportunities and a competitive salary of £24.99-£27.26 per hour. So, if you're ready to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
- Planning and delivering education to adults and young people.
- Teaching and learning in designated curriculum areas using approved planning tools e.g. schemes of work, session plans, individual learning plans, and practitioner reviews.
- Tutoring both in person and online.
- Using Google for Education for teaching and learning.
- Working as part of a curriculum team, sharing resources, ideas and good practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who is friendly and can communicate well with different service users and colleagues.
- Able to use IT systems in teaching and assessing.
- Qualified or working towards a recognised teaching qualification at level 3 or 4.
- Able to work independently and teach creatively on-line and in the classroom.
- Has own transport to be able to work across our different sites.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.