- Be the assigned practitioner to an allocated number of families, or where their needs sit below the threshold of statutory children’s services.
- Gain an understanding of what a child/young person’s life is like to identify the support needed to improve their situation by assessing them with the support of other agencies involved.
- Following an assessment, work with other agencies to identify the support needed to address any areas of worry. This may involve making referrals to other agencies to access the necessary support.
- To maintain accurate, clear and concise case recordings for all children/young people accessing the service. These will clearly detail the child/young person and their families’ circumstances to give a clear account of their life story.
The Ideal Candidate
- A valid UK Driving licence (You will need to have the ability to travel including access to your own vehicle for which a mileage allowance will be paid.)
- Previous experience of working directly with children, young people, and their families including assessment of needs and the planning and delivery of interventions to achieve successful outcomes.
- The ability to be resilient, resourceful, and adaptable.
- Flexible - On occasions, there will be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
- Pass an Enhanced DBS check.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.