We are looking for an experienced Team leader to play a vital role in the daily operations of the Caretaking service across the Milton Keynes council portfolio including planned and reactive maintenance tasks. Supporting the future projects of the councils corporate landlord properties, supporting, leading and developing the team to achieve the councils objectives.
The role will work closely internally with different departments across MKC and with a variety of external agencies, including tenants.
We can offer the right candidate a wide range of development and training courses. if you are looking to start your career in Milton Keynes Council or are looking to take on wider team and responsibilities - please apply within.
- Lead a team of people and co-ordinate their developments through, personal development plans, regular supervision, and training. Assist in the selection and training of staff.
- Manage the proactive and reactive caretaking and planned maintenance works at all properties to provide the services economically to make sure the council is getting the best value for money.
- To be innovative in approach by continually contributing to the development, organization, and execution of strategic initiatives to grow and transform the way the Facilities department operates.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking someone who is personable and adaptable, who can communicate with a wide range of people. Someone who can plan and prioritise whilst assessing skills and risks.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of health and safety
- Adopt a pro-active stance when necessary to diagnose faults and to problem-solve.
- To receive, manage and monitor service calls via an asset management software system.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.