We are looking for a motivational and innovative qualified social worker, who has a passion for delivering excellence, especially in the area of Safeguarding and Deprivation of Liberty practice. The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, be creative and inspiring and able to engage effectively with colleagues at all levels. We are looking for someone who can drive change and is able to inspire and lead the team to deliver a high performing service.
We can offer you an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop professionally, with an extensive training portfolio for qualified social workers and managers.
- To provide visible leadership, direction, and drive not only to the Deputy Team Managers and the team you are responsible for, but within the service and partnership agencies.
- Effectively manage the team and drive change by using performance data and reflective supervision.
- Effectively manage risk through robust multi agency working in line with local policies and procedure
- Ability to manage complex safeguarding concerns effectively and provide professional support to colleagues and teams.
- Oversee the DoLS function and ensure the service meets its statutory and legal requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional social work qualification (e.g. Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS as relevant).
- Registered Social Worker with Social Work England, and extensive evidence of CPD, with sound knowledge of the qualification and competency frameworks of social work professionals.
- A full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle for work purposes.
- Sound knowledge and a wide experience of adult safeguarding practice.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to interpret data and devise action plans based on results, and ability to influence and mentor others.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.