- The Business Improvement and Housing Systems team are starting an exciting new journey, as we have just entered a contract with our supplier (NEC) to develop our Housing IT system to support our housing services.
- This is an opportunity to join our team and play a huge part in shaping the delivery of the new Housing Systems to all our operational teams.
- You will support all the teams who are providing housing services to residents and aiming to continuously improve the customer experience both internally and externally.
- You will be working with a committed and enthusiastic team, aware of the challenges ahead, and motivated by the opportunities to learn and experience a full programme of systems change.
• Support the Housing Systems Manager to help design, build and implement fully supported housing modules, ensuring effective performance and business improvement related services
• Ensure we control and maintain the Housing Systems including data management, and business intelligence
• Working across all operational teams, understanding their service delivery requirements to deliver performance management reporting which will drive improvement
The Ideal Candidate
• You will need to have experience of supporting the delivery of IT System improvements
• Experience of SQL and database skills to provide accurate data reporting as the business requires
• Knowledge/experience of working in social housing
• You will have excellent IT skills and able to use MS Office packages
• Excellent administrative skills to support all elements of change including workflows, process mapping etc
• Good customer skills, and able to communicate effectively to understand the operational requirements
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.