We’re looking for a Sustainability Project Manager with strong knowledge of energy performance works, social housing and construction safety to join our team.
As part of our aim to improve the thermal performance of our housing stock, we are taking a ‘fabric first’ approach with our 11,000+ homes. This is part of our City wide strategy to be carbon neutral by 2030 . We have already secured more than £11m in funding already have further works planned.
Within this role, you’ll deliver large scale retrofit projects from inception to completion, making sure you monitor and report on their effectiveness throughout. You’ll work with a range of stakeholders and colleagues alongside our partnering contractors to reduce the impact of rising fuel costs and support the priorities of Milton Keynes Council’s Sustainability Strategy.
You will lead on the project management for our decarbonisation works across our council homes. This involves taking responsibility for phasing, programme monitoring and reporting, design decisions and finance. Working with our engagement teams, partnering contractors and asset management team, this is the chance to be the one who makes sure MKCC's ambitions are delivered for our tenants.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level with sustainability related qualification and experience
- Working knowledge and training in construction safety and social housing standards
- Experience in delivering PAS 2035 compliant projects and managing delivery against funding perimeters
- Broad project management experience, including reporting on progress against programmes, funding and budget
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.