We’re recruiting for a Support Worker within our friendly and professional team who help local people settle back at home after a stay in hospital or other community space.
We’re very proud to help local people remain independent, and you’ll want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable residents.
You’ll also be enthusiastic and ready for a challenge. Your role will be to help people return home and provide practical assistance, so they remain safe. This includes things like shopping, arranging house cleans, and booking other services to make their home more secure and useable.
You’ll be following a tailored support care plan created by a Social Worker or Social Worker Assistant.
If you’re looking for a supportive new role where you can experience variety in a fast-paced team, and develop your career by working together with health and social care professionals, this could be right for you.
An enhanced DBS will be needed for this role.
If you would like to learn more about our team then please visit www.mkcounciljobs.org.uk/hospital-discharge or contact Parita Shah or Yvette Chicharro on 01908 254456 for more information.
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career.
- Carrying out home visits and helping people achieve tasks that have been set out in their individual support plan.
- Managing a case load with support from the persons allocated worker.
- Partnership working with colleagues in adult social care and with other key professionals/agencies.
- Ensuring all work and interactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication and listening skills
- Practical and organised
- Computer skills and confident with using IT systems
- Able to work independently, using your own initiative
- Access to a vehicle to use for work
- If you have past experience in this area of work great, if not, don’t be put off as full training and support will be provided – we need compassionate, dedicated people who want to help others
- For this role you are required to have a Full UK Driving Licence. If you are successful, you will be required to supply evidence of your Licence prior to starting the role.
- You'll be required to provide evidence of your Vehicle Insurance with Business Use. This is required for any roles that requires the employee to travel to more than one place of work
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.