We are looking for an experienced administrative assistant to play a pivotal role supporting the newly shaped Supply & Acquisitions team, putting our residents first and assisting with dramatically reducing the use of temporary accommodation and increasing its portfolio within private sector affordable properties.
The role will work closely internally with different departments across MKC and with a variety of external agencies, including private landlords and letting agencies.
We can offer the right candidate a plethora of development opportunities and access to a wide range of training courses. If you are looking to start your career at Milton Keynes Council or are looking for a change in career - please apply within.
- To provide outstanding, customer-focussed and efficient service to external customers, supporting the full Supply and Acquisitions service to achieve high performance and be responsible for providing operational support to this service.
- To be responsible for carrying out the full range of duties to support colleagues in Supply and Acquisitions, including compiling reports, updating relevant systems, managing the email and digital aspect of the service, arranging communication plans set by the Service Manager & diary management.
- Maintaining thorough up to date system logs.
- Development of strong empathic professional relationships with external and internal customers, working with all officers to manage complex situations.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a dedicated, professional & motivated individual, with a high level of administrative experience to join our busy and exciting team. You will be highly organised and have a wealth of experience using Microsoft Office packages, an excellent level of customer service and be a great team player with a willingness to learn and develop within the role.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.