We have an exciting opportunity to join our Working Age Adults Team within Adult Social Care Service.
This team was born out of understanding that our residents should not have different opportunities based on their disability or diagnosis. This inclusive approach enables us to embrace strengths-based working whilst bringing resources together to support our working age adults in achieving wellbeing and their personal outcomes.
As a Social Worker within Working Age Adults, you’ll join a multidisciplinary, supportive team that understands the importance of quality supervision and peer support which enables you to develop within this role.
This role is eligible for you to be referred by an MKCC employee, as part of the Children’s Services Social Worker Referral Scheme. The successful candidate, and the referrer, will, subject to all conditions of the scheme being met, receive £1000. The reward is split into two £500 payments, the first received on appointment, and the second after the first-year anniversary of being in post. You must indicate in your application, the name of the person referring you, for this to apply. It can not be applied retrospectively.
- Completing Assessment and Reviews in line with the Care Act and other relevant legislation
- Negotiating person - centred and strengths-based care plans
- Leading on and coordinating cases including cases of high risk and complexity
- Professional Curiosity - Ability to reflect and use creativity to explore individual circumstances to plan appropriate interventions
- Strength Based Practice - Supporting individual’s independence and their ability to make choices, maximising those strengths to enable them to achieve desired outcomes
- Coordinate and lead professional meetings
- Lead on safeguarding enquiries
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have Social Work Qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in Social Work or equivalent and will be registered with Social Work England
- Will have 2 years of post- qualifying experience in Adult Social Care and/or transitions. We will consider Newly qualified Social Workers. Starting salary for newly qualified social workers is £32,909 with progression to the next pay point subject to successfully completing their ASYE. A starting salary of £33,820 for Newly Qualified Social Workers who have recently completed their ASYE
- Will have excellent communication skills and ability to manage conflict and emotive situations
- Will have excellent working knowledge of key legislation and framework including (not exhaustively) Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act
- Will have ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Will be able to demonstrate commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Will have ability to use IT systems and software effectively to accurately record and communicate
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.