The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the front door to Children's Social Care. All referrals come into the MASH and we triage how best to help children and their families. We are also an assessment team who undertake home visits and then complete the Children and Families Assessment and undertake child protection enquiries. The work is short term as those needing longer term support transfer from the MASH following assessment.
We are based in Civic, the Social Worker role requires an enhanced DBS and is a full time post. Though mainly site based there are opportunities to work from home and the role attracts an annual Retention Bonus of £4000 based on performance. The candidate will be a qualified social worker with some experience in safeguarding and have a year's post ASYE experience.
- Engage in the team's diary of 3 different activities; Participate in the duty rota, undertake up to three Children and Families Assessments per week, participate in giving advice and undertaking Section 47 safeguarding activities.
- Provide advice and guidance to unqualified colleagues
- Provide supervision to a customer liaison officer
- Provide advice and guidance to an school
The Ideal Candidate
A qualified social worker registered with Social Work England and hold relevant experience.
Someone who has access to a car and holds a driving licence.
Someone with a social work degree.
Someone who wants to become a part of a supportive and friendly team.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.