Across the Family Support Teams there are vacancies for ASYE to Senior Practitioners
Milton Keynes Council’s ethos of Every Day Matters is made easy when you are surrounded by dedicated, respectful and collaborative colleagues. There are currently Four Family Support Teams within Children's Social Care. These Teams are made up of a Team Manager, Deputy Manager, Senior Practitioners, Social Workers and a Social Work Assistant. The skill base is vast which we are incredibly proud of. To name a few, Social Workers/Assistants are qualified to undertake Parenting Assessment Manuel’s, Narrative Story Stems, Meaning of the Child Interviews, Adult Attachment Interviews, assessments of children and young people who present with harmful sexualised behaviours and Parenting Plus/Video Interactive Guidance (VIG). These are skills we share between us as colleagues to help each other manage diverse caseloads of Child Protection, Child In Need and Court cases. Recognising the complexity of this work, on average we maintain caseloads of nine families per experienced Social Worker. Our Family Support Teams priority is working together as a 'Team' to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families. Over the years Children’s Social Care have successfully recruited Social Workers from various disciplines such as Adult Social Care, we continue to strongly encourage and warmly welcome Social Workers from all disciplines wanting to make the same transition to join our Family Support Teams
- Chairing Multi-Disciplinary Meetings and working closely with other agencies/professionals to complete assessments and formulate Care Plans
- Completing a wide range of assessments such as Parenting Assessments, Risk Assessments, Children and Families Assessments, Viability Assessments and Regulation 24 Assessments
- Devising Care Plans for Children and Young People
- Managing a caseload of Child In Need, Child Protection, Looked After Children and cases subject to public and private care proceedings
- Working as part of a team to share knowledge, develop team skills and contribute to the overall development of the team
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Social Work Qualification and registration with Social Work England
- Enhanced DBS, driving license and a car user
- To formulate multi-disciplinary care plans for children and young people
- Verbal and written communication skills - IT skills
- Ability to work alongside other agencies/professionals
- Assessment skills to assess children and young people's needs alongside parents/carers ability to meet their needs
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Use of a smart phone and surface pro to enable you to work from home
- Retention bonus of up to £4,000 (FTE) per annum, subject to qualifying conditions
- Independent Clinical Supervision
Career progression which includes access to complete specialist courses and University level modules
The Ideal Candidate
This advert is for varying levels of Social Worker from ASYE to level 3. We are happy to have a discussion with candidates about the levels and varying responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a social work qualification and through interview will tell us about their experience and how this will support them in joining Milton Keynes Social Care.
It is essential that you have a driving license and a car available for work purposes.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.