There has never been a better time to join the Adult Social Care in Milton Keynes. Working Age Adults Team was born out of understanding that our residents should not have different opportunities based on their disability or diagnosis. This inclusive approach enables us to really embrace strengths-based working whilst bringing resources together to support our working age adults in achieving wellbeing and their personal outcomes.
As a social worker within the Working Age Adults team you will have a pleasure of working within a multidisciplinary, supportive team which understands the importance of quality supervision, peer support and which gives you the opportunities to develop and shine!
- Completing Assessment and Reviews in line with the Care Act and other relevant legislation
- Negotiating person - centred and strengths-based care plans
- Leading on and coordinating cases including cases of high risk and complexity
- Professional Curiosity - Ability to reflect and use creativity to explore individual circumstances to plan appropriate interventions
- Strength Based Practice - Supporting individual’s independence and their ability to make choices, maximising those strengths to enable them to achieve desired outcomes
- Coordinate and lead professional meetings
- Lead on safeguarding enquiries
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have Social Work Qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in Social Work or equivalent) and will be registered with Social Work England.
- Will have 2 years of post- qualifying experience in Adult Social Care and/or transitions
- Will have excellent communication skills and ability to manage conflict and emotive situations
- Will have excellent working knowledge of key legislation and framework including (not exhaustively) Care Act, MCA, MHA
- Will have ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Will be able to demonstrate commitment to CPD
- Will have ability to use IT systems and software effectively to accurately record and communicate.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.