Milton Keynes Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the front door to all referrals to Children’s Social Care. We triage those referrals, and through obtaining relevant information, we make the decision as to how best to support children and families. The MASH is also an assessment team as we undertake our own Children and Families Assessments and then, if appropriate, transfer cases to our long-term teams. We also undertake s47 investigations and enquiries.
A vacancy has arisen for a level 2 social worker to join the team. You would receive a 2 week induction period, be fully supported by your supervisor and receive 4 weekly supervisions, and regular additional training. This position will receive a retention bonus of £2000 per annum.
MASH is made up of 18 social workers, 3 Deputy Managers and a Team Manager. We are co located with the police and safeguarding nurses and have close links with probation, youth offending team, adult safeguarding, housing, and education.
The candidate will have a social work degree, have completed their ASYE and obtained experience within statutory Children’s Social Care.
The successful candidate will have some opportunities to work from home, but will be mainly office based. The role entails time on duty, speaking with families and professionals, undertaking Children and Families Assessments within timescales, and once the candidate has undertaken Achieving Best Evidence training (which will be provided) they will complete s47 investigations.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.