Milton Keynes City Council’s Sheltered Housing Service manages 25 schemes, and our team of Sheltered Housing Officers do an important job in supporting the 850 tenants within these Schemes, as well as well as looking at the health and safety of our buildings.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and flexible person, with great communication on all levels and good problem-solving skills to manage our Scheme in Two Mile Ash as a Sheltered Housing Officer.
- Visiting tenants daily, providing low level support and promoting ongoing independence.
- Completing independent living plans with tenants and making sure all records are kept up to date.
- Encouraging activities within the scheme and chairing tenant’s meetings.
- Making sure the building conforms to health and safety standards and reporting all repair issues.
- Property viewings, housing suitability assessments and testing our community alarm equipment.
- Working closely with other agencies to promote safeguarding.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys talking to people and wants to help others.
- Confident in leading discussions and problem solving.
- Excellent IT skills, well-organised.
- Resilient, with the ability to manage challenging situations.
- Confident working on their own.
- Flexible - as you will sometimes need to provide cover in other schemes.
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.