Flowers House is an extra care sheltered housing scheme for people living with Dementia and enables people to live independently with the support of a care team on site. We are looking for a Senior Night Care Assistant to join our team. In this role you will lead and supervise a team of care staff and also provide personal, social, and emotional support to our tenants. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written & also some IT skills as the role requires some basic use of computers. Experience and knowledge of Dementia care is essential. You must hold at least a level 2 diploma in health and social care and will be willing to work towards level 3. Some experience of managing people would be preferred but is not essential.
- supervising & leading a team of care staff
- dealing with emergencies
- being responsible for the health & safety of the staff, tenants and building
- some computer work
- Assisting with personal care
- Assisting with eating and drinking
- Administering medication
- Moving and handling
- Providing emotional support
- Keeping clear and concise records
- End of life care
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be caring, kind and patient
- you will be a good leader and be able to supervise, guide and support the care staff
- You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- you will be an excellent team player
- you will have good organisation skills
- you will have basic computer skills
- You will have good initiative and able to work on your own as well as in a team
- You will be willing to undertake training and learn new skills
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.