We are looking for a Senior Officer with experience of working in a Housing Solutions setting to join our dedicated Housing Solutions Team. Supporting colleagues, you will oversee the daily interactions with members of the public, colleagues and external agencies such as domestic violence support services, probation, police, lettings agencies and private landlords.
Building positive relationships and a network you can influence; you'll thrive on getting the job done under sometimes challenging circumstances. You will be great at finding areas of agreement, seeing the positives in different ideas, and advocating a culture that embraces excellent customer service.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Housing Solutions Officer to join our busy Housing Solutions Prevention Team. You will work with colleagues to ensuring a first class customer service is provided to residents approaching our service.
Main responsibilities on a typical day include :
- Line management of front-line officers.
- Carrying our one to one meetings with officers.
- Attending various multiagency meetings and panels.
- Carrying our Duty manager responsibility's on a rota basis.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Carrying out case reviews and audits.
- Carrying out case supervisions.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals with leadership experience and experience working in a housing settling or related work e.g., advice/ welfare benefits.
- You will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues, other departments and statutory and voluntary agencies to provide an effective prevention focused service for homeless applicants, many of whom have multiple vulnerabilities and support needs.
- You will have excellent communication skills, work well under pressure, have attention to detail and have proactive problem solving skills. Most of all you must be confident with dealing with complex situations.
- Must be confident with using IT systems.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.