We are seeking Security Officers to work at our Homeless Hub, the service runs 7 days a week 365 days a year. We will rely on you to be the main point of call for any concerns, with the support of our in-house Mobile security team.
In addition, you will be the responsible person on site to see, hear, and evaluate situations providing conflict resolution assistance where there is potential for conflict including patrols. Be aware with a heightened awareness of practical and emotional de-escalation procedures with integrity, escalating welfare concerns to the relevant trained persons on site.
These roles attract AWP (alternative working payment) up to 35% of basic salary.
Security Officer nights x1
33 hrs (Fri/Sat/Sun)
Security Officer nights x1
Up to 44Hrs per week (Mon/Tue/Wed/Thurs)
- Maintaining security and boundaries to the premises by presenting, a smart, alert, visible and vigilant security presence to the service.
- Seeing in residents, inductions, and safety measures.
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurrences during shifts are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management.
- Log in visitors/vendors/contractors. Maintain a daily log of all activities for the service enabling concise reporting and detail information to key workers.
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients, buildings, and assets by complying with safe working procedures and carrying out all security duties as specified. Answer phones, monitoring CCTV cameras and alarm systems. Conducting patrols of inside client site.
- To lead in the fire evacuation team, ensuring that the procedures are followed in a safe and controlled manner.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking someone with experience within and environment that understands different levels of need including mental health awareness.
We are seeking someone who has:
- In-date First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification and Mental health first aid (desirable).
- Two years’ experience of security services – ideally within Housing or vulnerable service provision.
- IT literate and ability to utilise equipment, systems, and software as part of the core roles and responsibilities.
- You will hold a current SIA license Door Supervisor Level (in date).
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years - From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.