We are looking for a Security Officer to help ensure our residents and staff are safe. You will be located at our main office (Civic Office), working as part of a team covering all aspects of building and personal security to staff, carrying out regular patrols internally and externally.
Our Civic Office is operational until 2300 weekdays and 1900 Saturdays, to enable a flexible working approach to all staff and visitors. The successful candidate will be working Thursday to Saturday 0700-1900.
- Presenting, a smart, alert, and visible Security presence to front of house service at our main offices. Taking ownership of liaison and directing colleagues and visitors to the correct departments.
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurrences during shifts are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management
- To be responsible for inducting contractors onsite, issuing ID cards and Access control.
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets by complying with safe working procedures and carrying out all security duties as specified including responding to internal pagers and panic alarms, de-escalating situations in-line with Licensable training and good practice.
- To be part of the Fire Evacuation Team, ensuring that the procedures are followed in a safe and controlled manner.
- Working as part of a team to provide conflict resolution assistance where there is potential for conflict including patrols.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a someone who can communicate with a range of Stakeholders in a professional manner, someone who has an eye and awareness for risk and mitigation.
- Good standard of education and qualifications to NVQ 2 standard or a minimum of 3 GCSE’, A* - C (Including Maths and English).
- Can communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- SIA front line license Door Supervisor Level (in date).
- In date First aid at work (FAW) qualification.
- Two years’ experience of Security services.
- IT literate and ability to utilise equipment, systems, and software as part of the core roles and responsibilities.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years - From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About The Organisation
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.