Maintaining the safety of our building is paramount. Here at Milton Keynes City Council, we operate a 24/7 mobile security service to facilitate the safety of all our buildings across our portfolio. As a Mobile Security Officer (Nights), you will be part of a team covering all aspects of building and personnel security for staff, carrying out regular patrols internally and externally, and reacting to alarm responses or calls to the central Out of Hours receiving centre. This role is 33 hours per week, working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Candidates will be required to work weekends.
- Provide mobile keyholding and alarm response services across the Milton Keynes City Council corporate landlord portfolio. Responding to in and OOH (Out of Hours) alarm activations or notified security breaches acting as the first point of call for emergency services and liaison with Site representatives.
- Provide mobile patrols, regular and irregular as per service need and risk. To act as the deterrent to any potential heightened risk situation and provide a safe visual to both colleagues and the local community.
- Undertake site access and egress service (unlock and lock ups) scheduled and Ad-hoc across the portfolio. Ensuring that sites are safe and ready for colleagues and visitors, inspecting visual safety checks to sites fire safety, exit routes.
- To be a core member of the team on shift responding to panic alarms and lone working systems to Security team and wider Milton Keynes council colleagues. To act as Static guard as required for high-risk on-site meetings or public attendances.
- To be aware of and act upon safety measures and good practice put in place to reduces risk of accidents or incidents. To be accountable as first person/s onsite identifying potential fire risks, to escalate concerns in need of remedial action to the facilities team.
- Utilise the inhouse reporting systems and software, to carry out concise reporting to activations or incidents. Undertake regular site spot checks to ensure data within the assignments instructions and risk management process is correct and up to date in line with Security supervisors.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a someone who can communicate with a range of Stakeholders in a professional manner, someone who has an eye and awareness for risk and mitigation.
- Good standard of education and qualifications to NVQ 2 standard or a minimum of 3 GCSE’, A* - C (Including Maths and English).
- Can communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- SIA front line license (in date).
- In date First aid at work (FAW) qualification.
- Two years’ experience of Security services.
- IT literate and ability to utilise equipment, systems, and software as part of the core roles and responsibilities.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.