The Council’s Housing Asset Management and Investment Team manages 11,000 homes and a further 3,000 shared ownership and leaseholder properties. We are currently developing our resources to enable us to continue to improve the quality of our residents homes and are looking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated Repairs & Maintenance Coordinator to support our work to deliver outstanding repairs and maintenance services by working closely between our partnering contractors and officers across the Council.
The role will be busy and varied and as well as responding to day to day demands, we are looking for someone who can work with us to map and improve our processes to provide more effective and efficient repairs and maintenance services.
- Work as part of the Asset Management & Investment Team to deliver outstanding repairs and maintenance services and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives.
- To coordinate the repairs and maintenance processes undertaken through the partnering contractor to ensure properties are repaired and maintained promptly and any areas for action are identified.
- To be the link officer between partnering contractors and Council Officers across the different service areas of the business including Neighbourhoods, Home Ownership and Allocations departments, sharing timely detailed information on works.
- To provide statistical data and assist in the preparation of regular detailed reports and monitoring statements as required.
- To identify areas where performance requires improvement, and work with the relevant departments and managers to resolve those issues.
- To deal with complaints and enquiries and ensure that they are responded to within timescales and that due consideration is given to the quality of responses and services received by residents and internal stakeholders.
- To ensure works are undertaken as soon as is practically possible considering Health and Safety issues and any compliance certificates are provided at completion.
The Ideal Candidate
- A level (or equivalent level of educational attainment)
- Ability to use I.T. packages to monitor performance.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant housing legislation.
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving, investigative and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop effective tracking and monitoring systems.
- Ability to deal with customers, and staff in a calm and professional manner even under stress and provocation.
- Able to manage a high workload and conflicting priorities.
- Be able to show an understanding of the financial implications of poor property management.
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.