This is an exciting opportunity to work with families in a creative and child-centred way. You will undertake direct observation and supervision for children having contact with their families in often difficult and emotionally challenging situations. You will need to have a good understanding of Child Protection, Safeguarding and be able to record and write clear reports on the family time sessions in an effective, impartial and child centred manner. We are looking for people to cover core hours for family time sessions Monday-Friday 3.30pm to 5.30pm and/or Saturday 9am to 5.00pm
- Meeting and Greeting families / carers following pre-agreed protocols.
- Observations / Support / Safeguarding of Contact Sessions between children and their families.
- Writing reports that form wider assessments and court evidence.
- Liaise with other professionals and departments,
- Other administrative tasks as required,
- Ensuring the resources within the centres are fit for purpose,
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need a FULL UK clean current driving licence and access to a car as the post will involve some travel throughout Milton Keynes to other venues and community contacts.
- IT Skills – able to navigate the various systems.
- Child-care / working with families experience.
- Good understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Ability to work as an individual and as a team.
- A high level of English verbal and written communication skills essential.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.