As an Early Years Relief Practitioner, you will help us to deliver high quality care that meets the needs of children and their families whilst attending crèches. Working with other practitioners in the team, you will ensure that positive relationships are established in an environment that is welcoming, supportive and inclusive. You will play a pivotal role to the children ad their families, as you will be providing a front-line service that will have a direct impact on their well-being in the community setting.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks will be required.
- Support the delivery of crèches within Children and Family Centres.
Provide high quality care for children aged 0-5 years.
Support children in leaving their parent/carer often for the first time.
Work with Early Years Practitioners to provide a welcoming and stimulating learning environment to enable children to learn through play and grow in confidence.
Support the delivery of a range of activities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, providing positive child-centred learning opportunities.
Have an awareness and understanding of safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to Level 3 (or above) in Early Years and Childcare or equivalent, with some practical experience of working within an early years environment.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and respect confidentiality. Ability to develop appropriate relationships with others to ensure that positive outcomes for children and families are met or exceeded.
- Ability to respond calmly and appropriately to problems and issues arising in the workplace and to report to line managers in a timely manner.
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently following correct procedure and meeting deadlines.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years - From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.