We are looking to appoint a number of casual relief hours Ceremony Officers to deliver our suite of wedding, civil partnership, citizenship and other ceremonies primarily at weekends and on bank holidays and also during the week in busy periods.
Working with customers at life changing and emotional times requires a sensitive approach, enhanced organisational skills and excellent communication and presentation skills to small and large groups. It’s a team role that requires confidence, presentation skills, clear legible handwriting, excellent IT skills and the highest attention to detail.
Previous experience as a Registrar or Celebrant is desirable.
- Deliver a suite of ceremonies at Civic offices, approved venues and other locations across Milton Keynes.
- Accurate checking of information, following legal procedures and recording of entries without error.
- Production of copy certificates and accurate updating of records.
- Ability to work under customer and time pressures.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professionalism, strong presentation skills, clear handwriting and excellent IT skills.
- Excellent customer skills and able to deal with issues as they arise.
The Ideal Candidate
- A well rounded, confident presenter with great group management skills; excellent communication and IT skills; enhanced attention to detail and accurate recording of events; time management and organisational skills are key.
- Available most weekends, especially through peak wedding season, and occasionally in the week.
- Full driving licence and vehicle to attend ceremonies.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.