Flowers House is an extra care sheltered housing scheme for people living with Dementia and enables people to live independently with the support of a care team on site. We are looking for relief Care Assistants that can be flexible and work different shifts to cover staff holidays, sickness etc. In this role you will provide personal, social, and emotional support to our tenants. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written. No experience is necessary as full training will be given.
- Assisting with personal care
- Assisting with eating and drinking
- Administering medication
- Encouraging social interaction
- Moving and handling
- Providing emotional support
- Keeping clear and concise records
- End of life care
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be caring, kind and patient
- You will be flexible and be able to work at short notice
- You will speak and write good English
- You will have good initiative and able to work on your own
- You will be willing to undertake training and learn new skills
- No experience necessary
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.