Fostering Service is a large friendly dynamic team. We are responsible for the recruitment, assessment, support and supervision of mainstream and kinship carers. We assess, review and monitor private fostering arrangements. We offer support, advice and assistance to our Special Guardian’s post Order. We are a busy team, managing a duty service, family finding for new or existing children in care, responding to queries and enquiries from our carers balancing support alongside ensuring we are compliant with Fostering Regulations and Minimum Standards.
As the Fostering Recruitment Officer, you will have a pivotal role in managing our marketing strategy to recruit and retain mainstream carers, you will be able to speak confidently to members of the public making enquiries and have a sound knowledge base of different types of fostering on offer. You will be responsible for keeping and maintaining records of all new enquiries.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and experience of marketing strategies
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Creative, ability to work under your own initiative and organised.
Be able to manage and present data to management on recruitment
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.