The MKC Admin Hub are looking to recruit an evening Receptionist for the Adult Learning team based at the Central Milton Keynes Library. Responsibilities will include greeting learners, dealing with any queries, and assisting tutors who are on site.
The working hours for this role will be 5.45pm to 9.15pm, Monday to Thursday term time only. An enhanced DBS will be carried out for the successful applicant.
Adult Learning provides accredited courses to adults ranging from English and Maths GCSE's and ESOL to non accredited such as languages and Arts at various locations throughout Milton Keynes.
- To receive all visitors to the Adult Learning Centre, identify the purpose of their visit and direct them to the correct room/person. Ensure all visitors adhere to the visitor procedures for the building.
- To assist learners and tutors that are on site and deal with routine enquiries they have.
- To provide clerical and administrative support to Adult Learning Services as required.
- To undertake roles related to the health, safety and welfare of those working in and visiting the Centre.
- To maintain the room booking system as required.
- To respond to possible emergency situations that may arise in the centre.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have a positive can do attitude and a willingness to help with great organisational skills.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel would be an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience working within a similar Admin/Receptionist Role.
- Warm, personable nature with great communication skills.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.