The role will require the post holder to work across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK) and coordinate suicide prevention projects and programmes across the Integrated Care System (ICS). Although hosted by the Public Health Team, the post holder will work very closely with other key partners including the Clinical Commissioning Group, Mental Health Services and various VCSE organisations. The role provides the opportunity to work across a wide network and coordinate a collaborative response to suicide prevention as part of the NHSEI funding.
To deliver key health improvement and commissioning projects in like with the Suicide Prevention Strategy across BLMK and work with a host of organisations, agencies and service users to develop suicide prevention, health improvement approaches and services.
The Ideal Candidate
Graduate in a related discipline or equivalent professional qualification and experience in a field relevant to health improvement.
Experience in project management.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.