We are looking for vibrant and enthusiastic people to join us in our mission to provide outstanding support and services to families. Your role will involve direct work with families.
We understand the pressure of family life and know that most families need additional help every now and again. We offer support for families across 17 Children’s Centres, offering a range of services for families with children from 0 to 5 years old, as well as for expectant parents. Four of our centres have been further developed as Family Centres offering a wider range of services for the whole family, including older children and grandparents.
We have several exciting opportunities available to join our team, with a variety of permanent and fixed term contracts with full and part time hours available.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks will be required (e.g,: LADO, DBS)
- Support the delivery of a range of activities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, providing positive child-centred learning opportunities through a range of targeted and universal sessions.
- Work as part of a team to offer family support, enabling parents to gain confidence in their role as a parent.
- Where appropriate, work with other professionals to meet the needs of children and families.
- Work as a team to run out reach sessions for target families who find it difficult to access our centres.
- Have an awareness and understanding of safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- You will hold an Early Education or Childcare related qualification, with some practical experience of working with children and families.
- You will have high aspirations for all children and families.
- You will be open and friendly and enjoy talking to people. You will be flexible, as you may be asked to work in other centres.
- You will have a practical knowledge of a range of early childhood services available to support parents e.g. childcare, education, health and employment support.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and respect confidentiality. Ability to develop appropriate relationships with others to ensure that positive outcomes for children and families are met or exceeded.
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.