We understand the pressure of family life and know that most families need additional help every now and again. We offer support for families across 17 Children’s Centres, offering a range of services for families with children from 0 to 5 years old, as well as for expectant parents. Four of our centres have been further developed as Family Centres offering a wider range of services for the whole family, including older children and grandparents.
We are looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic person to join us at Conniburrow Children's Centre in our mission to provide outstanding support and services to families. We have an exciting opportunity available within our team, for a part-time permanent post.
- Promote and deliver a range of activities to support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), providing positive child centred learning opportunities and, in particular, plan and deliver a range of universal and targeted Stay and Play sessions to support children and families accessing the EYFS leading to school readiness.
- Support parents of children under 5 years old to increase knowledge of their child’s development and potential. Enable them to gain confidence in their role as a parent and to build better family relationships by applying professional expertise, parenting support and best practice, through one to one sessions and outreach sessions.
- Contribute to the promotion and delivery of outreach services targeting families who find it difficult to access provision.
- Contribute to the increase of local community involvement in children’s centre services through developing the capacity of local people, volunteers, community organisations, ensuring that community involvement is at the centre of the programme.
- Where appropriate, ensure progressive communications with partner agencies thereby contributing to a positive multi-agency approach as a lead professional. Meeting the needs of the children and families as part of Early Help and as Lead Professionals, completing assessments and care plans as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Early education or childcare related qualification.
- Five GCSE passes A – C or equivalent, including English and Maths.
- Practical knowledge of a range of early childhood services available to support parents e.g., Childcare, Education, Health and Employment Support.
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage a demanding workload in order to meet service requirements.
- ICT skills – able to use Microsoft Office and apply information.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.